Allow Cosmeceuticals To Work Wonders On Your SkinOctober 26, 2015
The growing hype for cosmeceuticals has been in the media for a long time now – with many manufacturers of these products promising a variety of anti-ageing benefits. However, with so much information out there, it might be confusing to get a solid grasp of what cosmeceuticals really are, what they can do for your skin and if they really deliver the rejuvenating benefits that are promised.
Perhaps you are left wondering about cosmeceuticals and fearing that no one has the right answer for you. Our experienced clinicians at Rejuvenation Clinics of Australia can give you the answers you are looking for. Following is a short overview of cosmeceuticals so you can learn what they are, how they are produced, and what effects they have on your skin.
What are cosmeceuticals?
Cosmeceuticals, as the name suggests, are products that combine the benefits of cosmetics with those of pharmaceutical products. So you are using them as a cosmetic, but at the same time they have beneficial effects on your skin.
The key behind the effectiveness of cosmeceuticals lies in the biologically active ingredients that are included in these products. These ingredients have benefits beyond traditional moisturisers.
What is the difference between regular cosmetics and cosmeceuticals?
There is a significant difference between simple cosmetic products and cosmeceuticals.The term was coined by Dr. Albert Klingman in order to distinguish between inactive ingredients found in most cosmetic products and active ingredients that have the potential of achieving real and long-term results.
Anastasia has been working with cosmeceuticals for many years and she points out that these are the products that have crucial benefits to your skincare regime, as their active ingredients are supported by significant research. Anastasia points out that you won’t be able to buy cosmeceuticals over-the-counter at a pharmacist – you will need to go to a specialist clinic.
What are the “secret” ingredients of cosmeceuticals?
Cosmeceuticals can fight virtually all skin problems while supporting the skin’s natural ability to heal. The list of ingredients is very long but you can expect to find elements such as:
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA), which are mostly derived from sugarcane or milk. These acids help to regenerate the surface cells, leaving your skin radiant and fresh. They also reduce wrinkles and signs of ageing.
- Antioxidants are substances that neutralise the free radicals in your body that are responsible for causing your skin to age.
- Caffeine is naturally found in coffee, tea, cacao and kola nuts. It act as anti-irritant, shrinks blood vessels in the skin and can alleviate the puffiness and dark circles under your eyes.
- Vitamin C has the property of maintaining proper pH balance in products. It can also brighten your skin.
- Stem cells are known for their ability to renew themselves and transform into a diverse range of specialised cell types.
- Ginkgo Biloba is a powerful antioxidant that protects your skin from free-radicals damage, has anti-inflammatory properties, increases circulation and enhances regeneration of the skin.
These are just a few examples of the ingredients that you can expect to find in cosmeceuticals. What is important to realise is that because these products include powerful elements, it is necessary to consult a specialist before starting a skin regime using cosmeceuticals, to ascertain which ones might be for you.
“At Rejuvenation Clinics of Australia, you will find about 20 different brands of cosmeceuticals,” says Anastasia. “We have a wide range of products, as we want to be sure that we can target and eliminate most skin problems.”
Working closely with our patients and helping them battle various skin conditions is a priority at Rejuvenation Clinics of Australia. We want to help you rejuvenate your skin and take it to the stage where you are happy with the way it looks and feels. For this reason, at Rejuvenation Clinics of Australia, you will find only experienced specialists who can help you in making the best decision for your skincare treatment.
To receive a complimentary consultation and find out more about cosmeceuticals, drop in to one of our clinics or call 1300 88 99 35.