Dermal FillersSeptember 7, 2014
Are you looking for a treatment that can instantly plump skin and reduce wrinkles? If so, read this section to find out more about who can use dermal fillers, when to use them and how you can book a consultation.
How do you know if dermal fillers is the right treatment for you?
If you notice that your skin has creases, depressions, folds or scars and you want to flatten them, then a dermal filler treatment might be the thing you need. The treatment is completely safe and allergic reactions are extremely rare. Dermal Fillers can be applied to ANY area that needs volume to fill in wrinkles, creases or skin folds. However, you may also want to consider our anti-wrinkle injections.
Most common areas for dermal filler injections are:
- Frown lines, grooves and folds around the mouth, the smile lines and the jowling lines, and the tear trough hollows under the eyes.
- Forehead and temple
- Cheekbones and chin in the case of a recessed chin
- Nose – alter the shape of your nose
- Jawline – achieve a more youthful structure to or create a more angular, lifted and filled jawline
- Surgical scars or indented post-acne scars on the face or anywhere on the body
How do dermal fillers work?
Fillers do three things:
- Fillers immediately plump up and add volume to creases, depressions, folds, and scars or flatten age lines in many areas of the face.
- Fillers stimulate collagen. Additional firming, plumping and replacement of the previously lost tissue occurs because of the stimulation Dermal Fillers have on the body’s own collagen production. They are made of natural skin products and stay in position for a long time.
- Fillers act as a cushioning pad at the base of the previous fold or wrinkle that you have corrected. This therefore prevents the future deepening of these folds from repeated muscle action, such as smiling and frowning. The skin is unable to crease as sharply as it did before treatment.
As a result of these three factors, repeated maintenance injections of these dermal fillers in the folds of the skin can be gradually layered or added to a foundation of a build-up of new skin. These areas gradually repair and prevent future ageing with less frequent maintenance top-ups required.
The cost of a dermal filler treatment will vary depending on which area is being treated and how much product is required to achieve your desired results. Our experienced injectors will work with you to advise an affordable and tailored treatment plan. You can view our standard dermal filler prices here.
If you have more questions about Dermal Fillers, or if you want to book your FREE consultation session, please contact us today.