Myth: Non-Surgical Cosmetic Procedures Are Not As Effective As Surgical Cosmetic ProceduresJuly 2, 2014
What is the one of the most common myths about non-surgical cosmetic treatments? Can you guess it?
It is a well-known fact that non-surgical cosmetic procedures are encompassed in an aura of mysticism.
And while it may be true that in the past these treatments were not comparative to surgical procedures, we’ve come a long way in understanding the human body, especially in the past decade. Scientists and doctors are now able to obtain impressive results with non-invasive cosmetic procedures that were only attainable in the past using the scalpel and scissors.
So if you ever decide to benefit from non-surgical cosmetic procedures, rest assured that in many cases you can receive the same, if not better results, without having to undergo surgery (provided that you undergo your treatment with an experienced medical professional at a quality cosmetic clinic).
Well then, let’s eliminate the fuss around these myths about non-surgical cosmetic procedures…
Today we’re talking about the Number 1 Myth surrounding non-surgical cosmetic procedures!
And here it is:
The Number 1 Myth about non-surgical cosmetic procedures is that they are not as transformative as cosmetic plastic surgery.
We challenged this myth and tried to see if it is true… and here is a list of what we discovered:
- Non-surgical cosmetic procedures are recommended as it is always better to avoid surgery and can often treat the same conditions as surgical procedures. But without a scalpel.
- In some cases, non-surgical procedures are more effective than surgical ones. It all depends on the condition of your body and the kind of treatment it requires. For example, facial hollowness can be treated better with non-invasive medical procedures.
- The results of non-surgical procedures last about as long as surgical ones. Even so, it is known for a fact that some non-surgical procedures can last a lifetime and leave no visible scars.
- Non-surgical cosmetic procedures are not as expensive as surgical ones. One of the reasons this is so is because most non-invasive procedures do not require hospitalisation since there is little or no need for recovery following the intervention.
- The side-effects of non-invasive procedures are mild, and disappear quickly after the treatment is applied. This is not the case with most surgical treatments; even if they do not require overnight hospitalisation, they do leave marks and have a higher rate of side-effects.
Conclusion: Myth busted! It seems that it all depends on the type of cosmetic procedure YOU need. You may need surgical intervention, but most of the times a simple non-surgical cosmetic treatment will suffice. Plus, a lot of non-surgical procedures last a lifetime, so there’s NO need for a scalpel on your skin!
So you might now be wondering what are our most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedures, at Rejuvenation Clinics of Australia we offer over 400 treatments using the latest, most sophisticated technology – some of our most popular are:
- Non-surgical Rhinoplasty: We use the highest quality, long-lasting Dermal Filler (name available upon request) to enhance the nose from the bridge at the top through the ridge at the centre right down to the tip at the base of the nose. Reshaping and enhancing the appearance of the nose is a procedure that requires a great deal of skill and experience. Dr Garry Cussell discusses how straight-forward the treatment can be compared to a surgical nose job in this video.
- Chin Augmentation: Another popular Dermal Filler treatment is to create a stronger more pointed v-shaped lower face without the need for chin implants or chin surgery. Unlike these more invasive alternatives shaping the chin with Dermal Fillers involves minimal risk and zero downtime. Dr Garry Cussell discusses the procedure in this two-part video series: Chin Augmentation with Dermal Fillers 1 of 2 | Chin Augmentation with Dermal Fillers 2 of 2
- Face Slimming & Masseter Reduction: There are a number of different treatments that can be used to slim and shape the contour of the face including Dermal Fillers, Wrinkle Injections and Ultrasound Skin Tightening – most often a combination of these procedures delivers the most effective results. In this video Dr Garry Cussell discusses all three Face Slimming & Masseter Reduction treatments.
- Non-surgical tummy tuck: Coolsculpting is a proven treatment that can target persistent rolls of fat that won’t go away no matter how healthy your diet or how much you exercise without having to resort to more invasive abdominoplasty surgery.
- Non-surgical Neck Lift: Up until recently there were limited options to deal with submental fullness, more commonly described as a ‘double chin’. However the introduction of BELKYRA® has provided a clinically proven, nonsurgical & FDA-approved injectable treatment to reduce fat below the chin.
- Non-surgical Facelift: Skin Tightening with Ultrasound can lift, tighten and strengthen stretched or sagging skin on your face without resorting to the scalpel. Moreover the treatment delivers an immediate contracting of the skin, involves no downtime, and has cumulative benefits with each additional treatment. But is it as effective as surgical alternatives? Take a look at our skin tightening with ultrasound gallery and judge for yourself.
So that is our Number One Myth . . . but that’s not all we have for you. Other myths we are putting under the loop this week are: